Free UK Delivery On Orders Over £50 Fabrics Sold Per Half Metre Free UK delivery on All Pattern Only Orders International Delivery Available. Message us to find out more!
Material Girl Laura understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Information About Us Our website, www.materialgirllaura,co.uk, is owned and operated by Material Girl Laura, whose registered address is 63 Station Hill, Swannington, Leicestershire, LE67 8RJ.
What Information Do We Collect? Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following information.
1. Name 2. Business Name This is to facilitate delivery of your goods to a Business Address or when a Business has purchased products from Material Girl Laura that require delivery. 3. Email Address To facilitate communicating information surrounding an order for goods or services when an order has been placed. 4. Address 5. IP Address 6. Web browser type and version 7. Operating system 8. How you arrived on our website Such as by inputting our full web address into your browser, by clicking one of our adverts or a link from another website. 9. Your usage of our website Such as pages you looked at. 10. Voucher Codes 11. Records of live chat If you used our live chat facility which is provided by Tawk To.
Why we collect this information and how we use it? 1. Website usage information and information about how you arrived at our website allows us to optimise our website to provide the easiest process for you to find what you are looking for. 2. We require your information to fulfil your order you have place with us for products and services. For example we require your Name and Address so we can deliver your goods to you and we require a Telephone Number and Email Address so that we can adequately communicate with you whilst we are fulfilling your order. 3. Replying to emails from you. 4. Supplying you with emails detailing our latest news and offers that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. You may also update your preferences via a link from these emails. 5. Analysing your use of Our website [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our website and your user experience. 6. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by Email, Telephone or Post with information, news and offers on Our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the [Data Protection Act 1998] OR [GDPR] and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.] You have the right to withdraw your permission to use this data at any time. 7. I will keep your personal information relating to orders you have placed with Material Girl Laura for at least 5 years so as to comply with any legal or tax obligations. 8. Under the GDPR you may have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal information. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of or delete your personal information upon request.
How do we secure the information? 1. Your information is stored on a server which is located in the EU and is provided by Amazon Web Services. 2. All traffic between our website and you is done over a secured SSL connection. 3. The data is physically secured within Amazons data centres. 4. Access to your information is restricted to essential personnel.
Who do we share the information with? 1. We use PayPal to process your payments. You can read more about how PayPal uses your personal information here.
2. We use Mail Chimp for our email marketing. You can opt out of receiving email marketing from us here
3. We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information.
4. When your order has been processed and is ready to deliver your Name and Address will be shared with Royal Mail to facilitate delivering your goods to you.
5. In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain information held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies everytime you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. You can learn more about cookies here
What Cookies do you store on my browser?
1. Cookies which store click ids for clicks which have come from our marketing sources. 2. Cookies relating to live chat so that you can pick up from a past conversation and so you are not cut off when moving between pages. 3. Cookies left by Google Analytics software which helps us monitor traffic levels on our website. Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website. Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
You can block cookies by changing your internet browser's settings, but please be aware that Our website may not work as intended if you do so.
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. You can learn more about how Google uses your personal information here. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the and the products and services offered through it.
This is to ensure that experience using the website is the best possible.
You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading our cookie declaration.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser? You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser? Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page
PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket
trackingcode - If you visited us by clicking on a link on a site e.g. an advert. We sometimes store the origin of your click so we can monitor which marketing is most effective.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.